The total area of library is 2472 Sq.ft (229.6563 sq. meters) which is subdivided as below:-
|Sr. No||Particulars||In Sq.Mts|
|3||ICT Zone for Students||2.43|
|5||Special section for advance learners||11.15|
|6||Book Issue Counter||22.30|
|7||Book Stack Area||49.42|
|9||ICT Zone for Faculty members||10.27|
|10||Reprography section and ICT Tools||2.79|
|11||News paper section||8.17|
1. Fully Automation
- Our Learning resource center is fully automated with Soul 2.012 Library. Management integrated software which is maintained by INFLIBNET center.
- It is user friendly software developed to work under client-server environment.
- All books are bar coded.
2. ICT Zone for Students and Faculty
- Well equipped Internet facilities are provided to students for projects and reading e- books.
- Learning Resource Center facilitates separate internet zone for faculty members.
- Multimedia facility.
3. Inflibnet / IUC facilities
- Yearly subscription of N-List e- resources is subscribed by Learning Resource Center.
- A separate ID and password is provided by the N-list to the patrons.
4. ICT Tools
- CDs / VCDs in library 252
- For effective teaching learning process library facilitates laptops and projectors to faculty members.
- A separate record is prepared for the purpose.
- End of the academic year every faculty has send record of his utilization of teaching learning aids.
5. User Guidance
- On searching books on OPAC / WEBOPAC and physical location of books.
- Searching the required information from the internet.
- Searching the information from subscribed e- resources (N-List)
- Guideline provided for the fair use of reading material.
6. External Membership
- Offered to Ex- students @ Rs.500 & Rs.1000/- as refundable deposit.
- Offered to resident of thane@ Rs. 1000 as refundable deposit.
7. External Membership
- Reference card
- Competitive exam section
8. External Membership
- Learning Resource Center keeps record of previous years question papers.
- Question papers are given to students and faculty on request.
9. External Membership
- Every year with the help of NSS unit Learning Resource Center organizes book exhibition. On the occasion eminent personalities are invited from Library and Information Science.
- Book exhibition for year 2015-16 was held in Sept, 2015 with the support of College N.S.S Unit.
- Support received from vendors for showcasing their latest publications on display.
10. External Membership
- News paper clippings on request
- Bibliographic compilation on request
- Reprographic services
- Scanning and printing
- Inter – Library borrowing and resource sharing through associate colleges in Thane.
- Social Media Support
- NKTLRC Facebook
- NKTLRC Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- NKTLRC Weblog: http://nkttlrc.blogspot.in
- NKTLRC Whatsapp no: 9769897617
- Ample number of reference and text books is available in library
- Effective application of various book bank schemes in the library
- Various innovative schemes like ‘EYEREF Readers Club’ and ‘Earn & Learn Scheme’ are successfully implemented.
- Every year college organizes book exhibition with the assistance of NSS unit and management.
- Knowledge sharing sessions through eminent personalities are organized by Learning Resource Center for improving efficiency in daily operations.
- Regular visit to well developed libraries by library staff to evaluate and compare the progress made the Learning Resource Center is up to the standard level.
- Prominent and best resource periodicals are subscribed by Learning Resource Center for the patrons.
Our Future Plans
- Technological up gradation with full resource materials and databases for ‘Right information @ Right time’ .
- Continuation of Earn and Learn Scheme.
- To develop learning and reading habits among the user community through the usage of e- resources.
- To develop Learning Resource Center to cater the future need of user community.
- Develop library website.
- Incorporate ‘Institutional Digital Repository’ with D space open source software.