BA in Multimedia and Mass Communication (BAMMC)
BA in Multimedia and Mass Communication (BAMMC) (Choice based) Semester – I & II revised Syllabus to be sanctioned & implemented from 2019- 20.
- The program considers media industries and their relationship to culture and society, and the understanding of how communication works. The program emphasizes the development of critical thinking, professional writing skills and effective oral communication.
- The Communication and Media Studies major prepares students for a wide variety of careers in business and industry, advertising, public relations and journalism, or Advanced study
- This program will equip the learners with professional skills essential for making career in Entertainment industry, Cinema, Television, OTT Platforms, social media platforms etc.
- Students would demonstrate the ability to apply rhetorical principles in a variety of creative, cinematic, organizational, professional and journalistic venues.
- Knowledge, skills, and values that prepare them for future careers in our interconnected society, whether in mass media or advanced study
- Learners would develop a global awareness of political, social and corporate issues influenced by communication sensitivity and skills.
- Learners will understand mass media as a system of interrelated forces, including historical foundations, technological advances, economic dynamics, regulatory constraints, and ethical concerns.
- This programme will also give them an improved sense of self- confidence and self efficacy and an awareness of their responsibilities as professionals in their field.
- Learners will be able to create and design emerging media products, including blogs, digital audio, digital video, social media, digital photography, and multimedia.
- They will be better equipped to grasp the complex relationship between communication/media theories and a diverse set of individual, social, and professional practices.
- Learners will understand the underlying philosophical assumptions of, and be able to apply, communication research methods to address a range of media texts and audiences, production and technological practices, and relevant social issues.
- Learners will comprehend the foundations, process, and practices of writing for and about the media, and demonstrate proficiency in writing across platforms.
- Learners will be able to conceptualize, design, and produce one or more works in media based on effective principles and practices of media aesthetics for a target audience.
- Learners will acquire the knowledge and skills required to pursue a career in the specialization of their choice.
- Effective communication –I
- Foundation course –I
- Visual communication
- Fundamentals of mass communication
- Current Affairs
- History of Media
- Effective communication –II
- Foundation course –II
- Content Writing
- Introduction to Advertising
- Introduction to Journalism
- Media, Gender & Culture
- Theatre and mass communication-I
- Corporate Communication and Public Relations
- Media Studies
- Introduction to photography
- Film Communication-I
- Computers and Multimedia-I
- Theatre and mass communication-II
- Writing and editing for media
- Media law and ethics
- Mass media research
- Film communication-II
- Computer media-II
- Brand Building
- Advertising and Marketing Research
- Agency Management
- Social Media Marketing
- Copy writing
- Consumer Behaviour
- Digital Media
- Advertising Design
- Advertising in contemporary society
- Brand Management
- Advertising and Sales Promotion
- Rural Marketing and Advertising
A Candidate for being eligible for admission to the degree programme in B.A. in Multimedia and Mass Communication shall have passed XII Standard Examination of the Maharashtra Board of Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent. Every candidate admitted to the degree programme in the constituent /Affiliated College/recognized institution conducting the programme, shall have to register himself/herself with the University.
No college shall conduct any entrance test in any form and the admissions are purely based on merit duly following the reservation policy as per the norms of Government of Maharashtra. While drawing the merit list, weightage has to be given to students from Arts, Commerce and Science Stream at 12th Standard level.