Sheth T.J. Education Society was founded in 1949. The founders of this institution are entrepreneurs and philanthropists who are driven with a mission to serve the society and have made significant contribution in the field of education. There are more than five thousand students who are being educated in the institutions run by the Society.
Sheth N.K.T.T. College of Commerce was founded in August, 1990. Sheth J.T.T. College of Arts was added to the Degree College in 1993. Sheth N.K.T.T. College of Commerce and Sheth J.T.T. College of Arts is a multi-faculty institution of higher education that has more than 3500 students on its rolls, pursuing studies in six undergraduate and two post graduate programmes. In addition, the college helps students to pursue education through Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University, Nashik. The Learning Resource Centre is fully automated with SOUL 3.0 software. The College has received permanent affiliation in the year2008-2009 from University of Mumbai and is also ISO Certified 9001:2015.
The college has been reaccredited with a B+ Grade (Third Cycle CGPA - 2.62) by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) – An autonomous body of University Grants Commission.
The college encourages holistic development by providing the learners opportunities to grow professionally, intellectually and academically. The College is also in the process of having a proposed research Centre for Commerce from the academic year 2021-2022.
The College is strategically located and is at a walking distance from Thane Railway Station on the Central Railway line. It is well connected by bus services to every part of the city including Kalwa, Bhiwandi and Navi Mumbai.
Committed and Persuasive efforts towards Holistic Education.
- To impart education based on values, justice and equality among students from all strata of society.
- To enable students to grow intellectually, professionally and ethically throughout their lives.
- To encourage, spread and facilitate higher education among all sections of society in general and among Guajarati speaking community in particular irrespective of class, caste and creed.
- To mould their character, to make them good and responsible citizen.
- To inculcate the sense of discipline and develop a holistic approach among students.
- To develop students intellectually and socially.
- To sensitize realization of students potential for excellence.
- To instill moral values and to mould students into excellent human beings.
QUALITY POLICY of the College
Sheth N.K.T.T. College of Commerce and Sheth J.T.T. College of Arts shall impart education to the students and instill in them respect for values, justice, equality, ethics, social sensitivity, gender sensitization and environmental consciousness for the betterment of society and self through optimum utilization of available resources.