The Sheth T.J.Education Society was founded in 1949. Since then, it has made significant contribution in the field of education. There are more than five thousand students who are being educated in the institutions run by the Society. A student admitted in the Montessori Class goes out with a degree either in Arts or Commerce or Post Graduate Degree in Commerce.
The college with the Commerce faculty was founded in August, 1990 to cater the educational needs of students passing the H.S.C. Examination from the Sheth N.K.T.T. Junior College, Thane. The Arts faculty was added to the Degree College from the Academic year 1993-94, as there was a great demand for Arts Section.
Sheth N.K.T.T. College of Commerce and Sheth J.T.T College of Arts, permanently affiliated to the University of Mumbai is a multifaculty institution of higher education that has more than 2000 students on its rolls, pursuing studies in several undergraduate courses. In addition, the college imparts instruction to students pursuing studies through Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University, Nasik. The college also conducts contact sessions for student pursuing education through the Institute of Distance Education, University of Mumbai. The college has been Reaccredited with a B Grade (CGPA - 2.49) by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) - An Autonomous Institution of the University Grants Commission. The college encourages the all-round development of the students by providing them opportunities for participating in various co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
Committed and Persuasive efforts towards Holistic Education.
- To impart education based on values, justice and equality among students from all strata of society.
- To enable students to grow intellectually, professionally and ethically throughout their lives.
- To encourage, spread and facilitate higher education among all sections of society in general and among Guajarati speaking community in particular irrespective of class, caste and creed.
- To mould their character, to make them good and responsible citizen.
- To inculcate the sense of discipline and develop a holistic approach among students.
- To develop students intellectually and socially.
- To sensitize realization of students potential for excellence.
- To instill moral values and to mould students into excellent human beings.
QUALITY POLICY of the College
Sheth N.K.T.T. College of Commerce and Sheth J.T.T. College of Arts shall impart education to the students and instill in them respect for values, justice, equality, ethics, social sensitivity, gender sensitization and environmental consciousness for the betterment of society and self through optimum utilization of available resources.